New Orleans Municipal Code § 54-1 defines a stun gun or a Taser as a destructive device. “The term ‘destructive devi...
Today we filed a Taser challenge against the City of New Orleans
November 17, 2016
Today, New Jersey filed this letter with the Court, requesting that "... the Court schedule an in-person conference in the hopes of resolving this cas...
New Jersey requests "in-person" settlement conference in Taser case
November 16, 2016
Today, we received the following production in the NFATCA FOIA filed on behalf of Mr. Savage. For ease of reviewing, we have broken it into two separ...
ATF Delivers Documents in NFATCA FOIA Case
November 22, 2016
Today we filed suit against the Department of State on behalf of Kent Terry and David Codrea.
August 7, 2017
Back in June 2016, Kent Terry and David Codrea submitted a Freedom of Information Act Request to the Department of State for the following:
1. All correspondence, including electronic mail and any other documents pertaining to Operation Fast and Furious;
2. All authorizations and/or permits to export firearms from Operation Fast and Furious into Mexico;
3. All copies of End Use Statements signed by an appropriate Government of Mexico authority attesting as to the use and end destination of the firearms from Operation Fast and Furious;
4. All copies of Import Licenses issued by the Government of Mexico documenting approval for the firearms from Operation Fast and Furious to enter Mexican sovereign territory;
5. All correspondence to and from Kevin O'Reilly;
6. All correspondence, if not already provided under Item #1, to and from the ATF field office in Mexico regarding Operation Fast and Furious;
7. All correspondence, if not already provided under Item #1, to and from any official authority from the Government of Mexico; and
8. All correspondence, if not already provided under Item #1, to and from any agency of the United States of America, including but not limited to ATF, DOJ, US Customs and Border Protection, ICE, DEA and TSA, regarding Operation Fast and Furious.
The Department of State has not yet decided whether to comply with the FOIA request, so today we were forced to file a lawsuit to make them comply. Why is this important? We still have no real answers on Operation Fast and Furious and what exactly the government was up to at the time. Mr. Terry's brother, Brian Terry, was murdered with a firearm that was involved with the ATF Operation Fast and Furious. The public needs to know if Department of State has any documents relevant to this failed operation.
You can read the entire complaint and FOIA request here.